BASICS OF LOCAL SEO
If you want your business to be discovered by a local audience, then you should have a thorough understanding of local search engine optimization (SEO). Without the use of Local SEO, it is difficult to make your brand visible. It can affect your offline sales too. To understand how important local SEO is just read this blog to understand more.
WHAT IS LOCAL SEO?
When we talk about Local SEO, it is a marketing technique that involves making your brand presence visible within the local search results. Its enhanced visibility is achieved through several tasks, such as:
- Optimizing your website.
- Managing your Google business profile plays a very crucial role.
- Developing your brand reputation.
- Monitoring your competitive search landscape is also one of the crucial factors.
- Monitoring changes that happen in Google.
- Spam fighting element.
These SEO elements apply to the ranking in the Local Pack, the localized organic results, the Local Finder, and Google maps. So, let’s take a closer look at each of these elements:
- LOCAL PACK: It appears at the top of any search engine results page. It is made up of three organic results. It is important to understand that a Google business profile that ranks here. It is not on a website. Also, without using Google Business Profile, you cannot get featured in the Local Pack.
- LOCAL FINDER: The local finder is an extended version of GBPs for your business. Clicking on the ‘More places’ button at the bottom of the Local Park will help you get the local finder.
- GOOGLE MAPS: Google extracts the result data from GBP for maps just like Local Pack and Finder. The difference is that a much longer list of results is provided within Google maps covering a broader area.
Who needs Local SEO?
There are many different types of businesses that can benefit from implementing a local SEO strategy like:
- Local businesses
- Multinational business brands.
- SEO agencies who are working in the local markets.
In the next blog, we will discuss the benefits of local SEO.